This week, I’m joined by Scott Lucas of Local H for a great interview accompanied by food from Chicago institution Cubby Bear (where Local H headlined a sold-out show the night after this was recorded).
As I enjoyed my Cubby Bear brat and Scott enjoyed his veggie burger with garlic fries, we discussed:
- Scott is “Mr. Lucas” now. Or “sir,” that works, too.
- How does Scott approach a setlist for a Chicago audience?
- The next album will be like a salad.
- The video for “Innocents”: Is that where Local H is heading?
- Michael Shannon talk.
- Scott hates all super hero movies.
- The best nap I ever had was during a “Star Wars” movie.
- Local H only recently made it to Europe for their first time.
- Scott comes to draw blood when he plays live.
- The secret to Local H’s longevity and career.
- The time this year when Scott scared the crap out of me.
- The joys of going solo to the movies.
- Scott’s love and respect for the Chicago scene.
- Is rock dead?
- Stud City, population: 2.
- Congratulations to former Loop midday host Lyndsey Marie!
- What was opening for the most recent Metallica tour like?
- Where on earth is “Whatever Happened to P.J. Soles?”
- Scott riffs on a bunch of Local H songs from the beginning through the present.
- They joys of ABBA.
- Not playing “Bound for the Floor” live: Dick move?
- Ozzy or Dio Sabbath?
- Crowdfunding: Would Scott do it again?
- Is it worth sacrificing beer for Fresca?
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.