It’s the anniversary episode! For #250, I’m joined by three returning all-time favorites, who all happen to be Chicago punk rock legends: Josh Caterer (Smoking Popes), Daryl Wilson (Bollweevils) and Denis Buckley (88 Fingers Louie).
We met up at a taco place in Naperville (the swingers’ capital of the Midwest). I basically just sat back and listened as they discussed:
- Ronnie James Dio. They open up the show improvising “Rainbow in the Dark.” I CRY OUT FOR MAGIC!
- Daryl is the new Josh. It’s a theme song theme.
- Years (YEARS) of acrimony between the Bollweevils and Smoking Popes.
- The tour the Popes and Bollweevils did that led to the acrimony. There were Nazis and drive-bys.
- Josh has a great laugh.
- The devil’s lettuce has got the best of Denis.
- 88 and Bollweevils just played 350 Fest. Next up: The Popes and 88 will be at T1 Fest together in November.
- Denis is known as a “bear” in the picnic basket community.
- “88 will get you home every time, baby.”
- People kept texting Josh during the recording. We learned after the fact it was because there was no audio on the live video feed (it’s been fixed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ynQqCnSpg
- Daryl and Josh coordinated outfits for the recording.
- We made plans for Denis’s death, going as far as to plot out who’ll deliver the eulogy.
- See the Bollweevils at Liarpalooza.
- Car Con Carne needs to do another haunted house episode.
- Josh was erroneously crowned most-frequent guest of Car Con Carne. A post-show review of the logs shows Tyler Wildey (Epic Deli) to be in the lead.