Tiffany is an internationally beloved singer, songwriter, actress and teen icon. In this week’s episode, she and guitarist/producer Mark Alberici jumped in a Mazda CX-9 to have lunch with me after playing two sold-out shows at the Allstate Arena for the “Mixtape Tour” (along with NKOTB, Debbie Gibson, Naughty by Nature and Salt n Pepa).
They also played a killer version of “Waste of Time,” which you can watch by visiting the Car Con Carne YouTube page here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HndHz8-4Lm0
Our food was kindly provided by Murray Bros. Caddyshack in Rosemont. Thanks to Andy Murray for sharing some of his fantastic menu creations with us (and if you’re in the Rosemont area, be sure to pay them a visit).
Car Con Carne is presented by the The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston, who let me take their Mazda CX-9 for a spin with Tiffany. I love that car; but more importantly, I love the team there. If you’re in the market for a new ride, head their way.
Discussed on this week’s show:
- Touring with New Kids on the Block again, after all these years.
- Tiffany is a total foodie.
- Everyone still wants Tiffany to be a teen pop star: Is that bothersome?
- The reasons behind Tiffany’s Playboy pictorial.
- “If you’re loving what you’re doing … then it’s going to find a home.”
- “Reinvention” is reductive. “Evolution” is more like it.
- Facing the media crucible as a teenage girl.
- Not being able to stay directly in touch with close friends and family.
- Tiffany’s relationship with social media.
- Tiffany’s recent, fantastic album, “Pieces of Me.”
- Reality shows are no “Mega Piranha.”
- Will Tiffany keep steering in the “rock” direction?
- Can we get Tiffany in a Marvel movie?
- If you don’t eat the quinoa salad, it’s like a slight against the entire Murray family.