This week, I’m joined by talented members of Ghostlight Ensemble as they prepared to do a table read of the legendary (?) “Spice World” movie. In the car with me are Song (Scary Spice), Emma (Posh Spice) and Jean (Sporty Spice sitting shotgun).
Before doing a reading from the Spice World script, we discussed:
- We got food from Disco Taco, which doesn’t really look like a disco.
- Emma didn’t eat tacos because she’s doing the Whole 30 diet. I tried Whole 30 once. It was a Failure 7 for me.
- The history of Ghostlight Ensemble, dating back to 2016.
- Next up for Ghostlight Ensemble: Clueless.
- Autographs at conventions.
- Paul Rudd is short. And that’s why he was cast as Ant-Man.
- ALL MY NOTES ARE WRONG.
- You have to like Spice Girls to do a table read of “Spice World”… right?
- The Chicago theater scene.
- I don’t get Kombucha.
- We all make Malort faces without actually drinking Malort (“I feel like grass is growing in my mouth when I drink it”).
- Dressing as Spice Girls: “It is as much for us as it is the audience.”
Car Con Carne is presented by The Autobarn Mazda of Evanston.