Denis Buckley and Dan “Mr. Precision” Wleklinski of long-running Chicago punk legends 88 Fingers Louie join me for a trip to “Krampus: A Haunted Christmas,” a Christmas-themed haunted house on the site of the 13th Floor haunted house in Melrose Park. It was incredibly well done, and we wish it was year-round.
Discussed in this week’s show:
- Mr. Precision rigged up the CX-9 like a recording studio.
- The tactical decision to go with Chipotle instead of Bakers Square.
- The awesomeness of the Krampus haunted house.
- We think the haunted house could be year-round, and we imagine what a St. Patrick’s theme could look like.
- Why did all the ladies of the haunted house fall in love with Mr. Precision? Was it his hair? His hammer?
- Laugh tracks are added in post.
- With this episode, Denis makes his fourth appearance on Car Con Carne… but he’s not in first place.
- Sandwich idea: “Thank you for being a vegetarian special.”
- The band’s getting ready to head to Costa Rica, something that never happened in the band’s first run.
- Mr. Precision’s remixes of 88’s old albums: Was he hearing stuff the fans weren’t hearing? “Knowing as much as I know…. I’ve always wanted to get my hands on it.”
- If you like Schlong, you’re gonna love 88 Fingers Louie.
- THE FIRST CAR CON CARNE “REMOTE” IS COMING! Lots of guests planned for 12/22!
- 88’s upcoming gig in the lilac village of Lombard on 12/21, opening for the mighty Pegboy.
- Denis’s audition process to join 88 Fingers Louie: Mr. Precision doesn’t remember much.
- Park Ridge landmarks: The Sandlot wasn’t always the Sandlot.
- Remembering the Fireside Bowl.
- The mature 88 Fingers is the best 88 Fingers.
Mentioned in this week’s show:
Traci from Hot Lips Messiah
Josh Caterer from Smoking Popes
Tyler Wildey of Epic Deli
Schlong, the band
Daryl Wilson from the Bollweevils
Take the Reins