In this episode, I sit down with Tony Lovato of Mest in the parking lot of this year’s 350 Fest in Tinley Park.
Discussed in this episode, sponsored by Boost Mobile:
- Looking back, what would Tony have done differently about Mest’s major label run?
- Why an influential radio station wanted the band to change its name.
- The band’s initial break-up, announced on MySpace.
- The band’s return at Riot Fest, a few years ago.
- Is that tea in Tony’s cup? It would have to be. We’re in a car.
- 350 Fest is the first place where you can get a rug burn in a circle pit.
- Tony’s a “fucking gambler.”
- The claustrophobic attractions of the Museum of Science and Industry.
- I had a “radio flashback” listening to Tony talk.
- This is a rare Car Con Carne episode that is sans food.